- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
BS ISO 45001:2018
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||Paperback|
|Brand / Publisher||BSI|
What is this standard about?
It specifies requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system and includes guidance for use.
Who is this standard for?
Any organization, regardless of its size, type and activities that wants to:
- Establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate or minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities
- Continually improve its OH&S performance and the achievement of its OH&S objectives
- Assure itself of conformity with its OH&S policy
- Demonstrate conformity with the requirements of the standard
Why should you use this standard?
- It tackles a global need to improve the occupational health and safety of people working in organizations
- It enables organizations to provide safe and healthy working conditions that prevent work-related injury and ill health, and proactively improve the organization's performance
- It includes how to develop and implement an OH&S policy and objectives which take into account applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the organization subscribes
- It takes into account factors such as the context in which the organization operates and the needs and expectations of its workers and other interested parties
- It is designed to align with other key management systems standards such as ISO 9001 quality management and ISO 14001 environmental management for ease of integration
What's changed since the last update?
This standard replaces OHSAS 18001:2007, an OH&S management system standard developed by a smaller group of international experts outside of ISO.
It's different because it adopts the High Level Structure used in the other key management systems standards. In addition it increases the emphasis on:
- Leadership and the need for those at the top to lead by example and be held accountable for OH&S performance
- Consultation with and involvement of workers in making sure the OH&S management system covers all necessary areas and communicates effectively with everyone involved
- Designing an OH&S management system to suit the needs of each organization individually according to its own context