- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||A4|
|Brand / Publisher||BSI|
What is this standard about?
BS 8536-2:2016 is part of the BIM level 2 suite of documents developed to help the construction industry adopt BIM. It gives recommendations for providing a systematic, structured approach to briefing for design and construction projects, in relation to energy, telecommunication, transport, water and other utilities' infrastructure.
Who is this standard for?
- Owners upgrading an existing asset
- Organizations procuring a new asset
- Operations teams
- Asset managers
- Other specialists engaged in such activities
Why should you use this standard?
It provides briefing recommendations for the design and operational performance of infrastructure assets. Adopting a systematic approach to briefing helps ensure that design takes into account the expected use of an asset during its entire lifetime. This will help improve operational performance and reduce costs, plus increase the value of an asset. It also gives guidance on how to extend the supply chain involvement through to operations and defined periods of aftercare.
What's changed since the last update?
- The incorporation of the principles of soft landings promoted by BSRIA, Government Soft Landings (GSL) and RIBA
- The integration of comprehensive information management with the requirements for Post Occupancy Evaluation to strengthen the link between asset/facility owners, operators and facility managers and the design and construction team
- Cross referencing of information requirements associated with 'Level 2 BIM' in accordance with PAS 1192-2, PAS 1192-3, PAS 1192-5 and BS 1192-4
- Updated content aligned with current industry best practices in briefing