- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||A4|
|Brand / Publisher||BSI|
What is this standard about?
BS 8536-1:2015 is part of the BIM level 2 suite of documents developed to help the construction industry adopt BIM. It gives recommendations for the use of data and information needed for briefing for design and construction, ensuring that the future performance and use of a building is considered. The standard applies to all new buildings projects and major refurbishments.
Who is this standard for?
- Structural engineers
- Mechanical and electrical engineers
- Estate managers
- Facility managers
- Asset managers (owners/operators)
Why should you use this standard?
The revised standard provides guidance on adopting a systematic approach and using data and documentation to help ensure design takes into account the expected use of an asset during its entire lifetime. This will help improve operational performance and reduce costs, plus increase the value of an asset. It also gives guidance on how to extend the supply chain involvement through to operations and defined periods of aftercare.
What's changed since the last update?
- The incorporation of the principles of soft landings promoted by BSRIA, Government Soft Landings (GSL) and RIBA
- The integration of comprehensive information management with the requirements for Post Occupancy Evaluation to strengthen the link between asset/facility owners, operators and facility managers and the design and construction team
- Cross referencing of information requirements associated with Level 2 BIM in accordance with PAS 1192-2, PAS 1192-3, PAS 1192-5 and BS 1192-4
- Updated content aligned with current industry best practices in briefing